Online or telephone therapy is available for anyone over the age of 18. The rise of Digi healthcare has grown over the last few years, especially during the emergence of Covid-19. Online therapy has been shown to be an effective way of receiving mental health services, and is just as effective as face to face therapy.
The benefits of receiving therapy online are:
- Convenience: Many people struggle with the time restraints of travelling to and from a face to face appointment. Online therapy means that your appointments can be more flexible, reducing the time taken up by the appointment as you can undertake the appointment from anywhere at a set time.
- Some people find that being able to have an appointment remotely from the comfort of their own home, gives them the confidence to to discuss problems more openly.
The relationship with your therapist is a key factor in the effectiveness of therapy. Research has shown that therapists and clients can build a positive relationship online just as they would if they were meeting face to face.
Online appointments can be conducted via a computer, tablet or mobile phone, just in the same way as a face to face appointment takes place.
How does an online session work?
1. Confirm an appointment day and time with the therapist
2. Receive a log in link for the medical platform Doxy.me
3. Log in to the platform and wait in the virtual waiting room at your allocated appointment
4. Therapist will start the session at the allocated time
5. Sessions will last 50 minutes like a face to face session